- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Sprinkle both sides of tilapia fillets with five-spice powder. Combine soy sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tilapia and cook until the outer edges are opaque, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, turn the fish over, stir the soy mixture and pour into the pan. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook until the fish is cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly, about 2 minutes more. Add scallions and remove from the heat. Serve the fish drizzled with the pan sauce.